Operators regularly face blockages that slow down their operations or even cause costly downtime. In storage and residue silos, wall and hopper build-ups can lead to reduced autonomy due to dead weight but also an inability to move the material. This causes:
- Silo blockages due to moisture content or lack of fluidising air
- Hardened ash pits that the grab cannot remove
- Sudden, heavy ash falls in the hoppers, or blockages that build up over time
- Molten deposits that have hardened on the furnace floor and can’t be removed
KRR Prostream can dispatch a skilled engineering team at short notice to carry out a variety of silo cleaning, ash pit cleaning and hopper cleaning services. We remove blockages and restore your plant capabilities using the following technologies:
- High Temperature Video Camera- infrared camera identifies problems in high temperature sections.
- HPCO2- ideal for very hard, stubborn or compacted deposits.
- Bang and Clean- highly effective in hopper bridges, blocked hoppers and silos.
- Air Lancing- accesses hard to reach blockages in tube bundles
Our silo cleaning, hopper and ash pit services can decrease or completely remove the need for costly down time and reduced operations. The requirement for manual intervention is usually overcome. Health and safety risks are also vastly reduced due to the fact that these services do not normally require entry into confined spaces.
If you have problems with silos, hoppers or ash pit deposits then contact us to find out how we can help.