Stopping fouling from building up in problem areas reduces unplanned outages and can extend the time between planned shutdowns. Shock Pulse Generators (SPGs) set a new benchmark in boiler cleaning by replacing existing systems such as soot-blowers, rappers, shot ball and shower cleaners by providing a continuous and fully-automate shock pulse at a wide range of intervals.
Manufactured in Switzerland by Explosion Power GmbH, over 1000 have been installed worldwide with over 100 installations in the UK, they are proving a popular choice for high-performing energy plants.
Installed on the boiler near high fouling areas, an SPG will keep both tubes and boiler walls clear until the next outage.
Fully controllable cleaning:
- Direct filling with high pressure methane and compressed air
- Mixing of gases in combustion chamber
- Ignition by activating glow plug
- Injection of shock pulse into the boiler
- Shock pulse of …..?
- Set shock pulse intervals from every 15 minutes
Contact us to find out more about SPGs.